The Harsh Truth of Traditional Oral Care Products
If your new to the world of natural products, you've likely only just started to take notice and research the ingredient panels of the products you buy. Most of us have grown up to trust the big brands that we often see in grocery stores without even thinking twice.
Browsing the 'Oral Care' aisle of the supermarket, you are confronted with tens or even hundreds of bright colourful boxes, tubes and bottles, all with the promise of a whiter, brighter, healthier smile.
But have you ever thought to look at the back of a product and question why there is a warning and a Poisons control contact?
Traditional oral care products aren’t made with the best ingredients for your health. These products are often filled with ingredients like alcohol and sodium lauroyl sulphate (SLS), as well as triclosan (an antibacterial chemical that’s banned in hand soaps) and once trusted but now controversial ingredient fluoride.
But won't I get cavities if I use a natural toothpaste without fluoride?
The simple answer is no, if you brush your teeth correctly. The action of brushing with a toothbrush is far more important in preventing cavities than having fluoride as an ingredient. Brushing your teeth at least twice a day is also recommended.
EBONiiVORY products are formulated without fluoride, triclosan, SLS and artificial colors. Our products are also vegan, cruelty-free, gluten-free & paraben-free.
We use plant-based ingredients that will soothe and condition your teeth and gums such as:
- Calcium Bentonite Clay - Neutralises PH which can assist in preventing tooth decay and enamel loss. A great source of calcium, potassium and magnesium.
- Tea Tree oil - Promotes healthy teeth and gums. Anti bacterial and contains anti inflammatory properties.
- Aloe Vera - cleanses and soothes and is great for sensitive teeth and gums. Is antibacterial and antiviral.
- Activated charcoal - gently whitens teeth and can detox the mouth
- Peppermint oil - freshens breath and can help prevent plaque